Brown Rice Chicken Biryani
This dish is a perfect combination of flavors and goes really well with some natural yoghurt and pickled lemons.
- 1 1/2 cups Daawat Brown Rice soaked in hot water for 3 hours
- 1 cup Yogurt natural yoghurt
- 2 tbsp Ginger garlic ginger garlic paste
- 1 tbsp Chili chili powder
- 1 tbsp Turmeric turmeric powder
- 1 tbsp Garam masala garam masala
- 1 tbsp Salt to taste
- Black pepper, crushed
- 1 tbsp lemon juice
- 500 gms chicken pieces
- 4 tbsp oil
- 2 large onions, sliced
- 2 bay leaves
- 2 cups water
- In a bowl, mix together yoghurt, ginger garlic paste, turmeric powder, chili powder, garam masala, salt, pepper and lemon juice. Mix in the chicken and cover with cling film. Let marinate for 1 hour to over night.
- Heat oil in a pot and add the onions. Fry for 10-15 minutes or until brown. Take half of the onions out and set aside to use later. In the remaining half, add the bay leaves and chicken and stir.
- Layer the rice on top of the chicken. Add the water, cover the pot with a lid and simmer for 40 minutes. Sprinkle coriander leaves and left over onions on the rice and cover again and steam for another 10 minutes.
- Fluff with a fork and serve with some natural yoghurt and pickled lemon.