Simple Meat Pies using Bread
Who says pies have to be so difficult to make? Here’s my very easy way of making a great snack using a few slices of bread and cooked minced meat as a filling.
- 2 tbsp oil
- 400 gms minced meat
- 1 tbsp ginger, chopped
- 1 tbsp green chillies, chopped
- 1 tbsp coriander cumin powder
- ½ tbsp garam masala
- tbsp Salt to taste
- 1 large onion, chopped
- ¼ cup chopped coriander leaves
- White Bread
- 2 tbsp plain flour mixed with 4 tbsp water, as a glue
- Oil, for deep frying
- In a pot, heat oil and add the minced meat. Use a wooden spoon to break the meat apart as it cooks. Once browned, add the ginger and green chillies and cook for 1-2 minutes.
- Add the coriander cumin powder, garam masala and salt and stir. Turn off the flame and then add the onions and coriander leaves. Stir and set aside to cool down.
- In the mean time, take a slice of bread and place it flat on a chopping board. Slice off the 4 edges of the bread and then roll the bread flat using a rolling pin. This won't work with bread that has sat there for awhile and dried so make sure it is fresh bread.
- Once flat, scoop some of the minced meat in the center of one slice of the bread. Apply the "glue" paste on the edges and then top with the second slice of bread. Press it down at the edges and seal by pressing it down at the edges with a fork.
- Deep fry the pies for 2 to 3 minutes or until golden brown. Serve.